Elmwood Church is best described as a friendly independent evangelical church – where all are welcome – from whatever church or non-church background. Our church family includes those who are exploring faith as well as others who have recently met and followed Jesus along with those who have been Christians for many years. Elmwood Church is a member of the Evangelical Alliance.
The church started life in 1889 as a Christian Mission to reach and care for the many railway workers in Eccles and first met in a tin hut on Wellington Road. As the church grew in number, we moved to a building on Half Edge Lane under the new name of Eccles Evangelical Church.
Over time the fellowship again outgrew the building and in 1987 moved to the current site on Eccles Old Road, opposite Salford Royal, and with a new name – Elmwood Church. The purchase and development of this wonderful church centre is a magnificent story of God’s generosity and his people’s faithfulness.